Sunday, October 17, 2010

Good and Bad....

I have been so overwhelmed with bad things happening lately. Bad people, bad news, bad overwhelming the good in every aspect of my life. Lacey was gone this weekend, and I missed her with an intensity I haven't felt since she was a little girl. I want everyone in a tight cocoon of safety right now. Kip graduating this May, uncertain of where she is going to be, so much change in the future. We were all so secure in our safe little haven of the world in our "Compound". Laynie, the center of it, keeping us all grounded, entrenched in hope. Then suddenly, she's gone. Just in an instant.... hearts broken. Life interrupted. Hope dimmed. I stare at her little tiny temporary marker at the cemetery and can't find the words to describe the intense pain I feel with her gone.

We are all so strong, until we aren't. Jessi found a picture on a CD and sent it to Lacey this morning. As happy as I was to see a new picture of Laynie, my heart broke in two. I surround myself with pictures of her. I urge people to have blood drives to keep her memory alive. I want to plan 5K's and have a blood drive a month. I want to talk to churches and ladies groups and student groups, and everyone all over the world about a life that was so amazing, that sometimes I can't believe it really happened.

As I am walking back through the journey and reading her blogs I wrote as we were going, I am amazed. How we yo-yo'd back and forth with good and bad, and have the hindsight now to see God's hand in it all. So much stuff is happening very quickly in my world, and I know that God has my best interests at heart, and He has great things in store for me. The pain of losing Laynie is very real, and ever-present, but the gift of Hope and knowledge that I will someday be with her and never have to leave her again, keeps me moving through the day.

People, don't get lost in your "Bad". Life is a rail road track of good and bad...running parallel on the ground with each other, one not out weighing the other, none longer than the other, just consistent ....good and bad. I could be mired in the bad right now. But, instead, I meet people at blood drives that make me realize that Laynie's life meant something to them. I see people at garage sales that have read her story and are blown away that I am "Lolly". I realize more and more everyday that her life was so purpose filled, and my life, now, is to make sure everyone continues to be blessed by all the lessons she taught us.

The biggest being...Never, Never, Never, Never give up Hope.... no matter in the worst of times, or the best... Hope never fails.

God is so good, all the time.
                                                      Lolly loves you, Layniebug, and misses
                                                                 you every second.  xoxo

No comments: