Tuesday, October 26, 2010

the "Meantime" matters....

I love church. We had a guest speaker... This 31 year old named Pastor Judah Smith, who strides up to the mic and proceeds to knock my proverbial socks off.


I have always lived in Fast Motion. I worry and think about "When this happens, or When that occurs, or When we get to that point", with very little time spent in the "Meantime". That all ended for me 36 months ago. Pastor Judah said that his father was diagnosed with Myeloma and told he would only live 3 years. That was 6 years ago. Some people live in the past "What happened, why this, why that?", some people fast forward to the "highlights" of their future. All we are given, and it took a tiny little miracle to teach it to me, is RIGHT NOW. The "Meantime".

It may not be exciting, or thrilling, or "highlight" worthy, but it's your life. The best day of your life. Even if you have a storm cloud chasing you around.... the beauty of those clouds are... "Storms don't last"... and after storms, usually beautiful clear skies and an occasional rainbow. If you are in a bleak and dark day...STAY THE COURSE.... Stay in the boat. What He started, He will finish. Stay in the boat.

I'm in a storm right now. A personal, overwhelming storm. And I am so insulated by all of it. That is God's mercy constantly shining on me to bring me hope, and lead me to the other side. He is Right In the Boat with Me. Praise God, I am not who I used to be. I would have jumped ship and swam for shore. I am different because of God's place in my boat.

I don't need answers, I just need Jesus. He is my captain, and He's right beside me every second.

God is Good, All the time.



.

No comments: