Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bittersweet July 24 2010

We haven't gotten to do any outings as a family in a while. Probably our impromptu Braums trip last year, where Brad described us as his 'harem", then Laynie got sick and our ability to go as a whole group ended. Always someone stayed behind, the lucky one chosen to keep the angel. We kind of drew straws and the winner stayed. :) Now that's democracy.


So, though I LOVE having everyone be able to go out, it's tough. We're missing a little loudmouth that drew attention every where we took her. We could go NO WHERE without drawing a crowd, or people coming up and asking about her. Yep, she was that terrific. Our friend Melissa, posted on her wall, "we knew when she walked in the door at church, an excited buzz would go across the room "She's here, She's here"... and then she went on to say, "I have to believe that is how it was in heaven when she came running in.... the angels all declared excitedly..."She's here, she's here!" I, too, believe that. I always rigged it and drew the longest straw. Always.

In starting in the reading of my notes (and it will take me DAYS to read them all, there are so many) the one thing that really stands out to me, is our complete abandoned happiness of the whole deal. Alot of people have told me, "IT would have been far easier to look at this and say WHY ME, and be all down and blaming God for what He did!!" WHAT? I don't think one time EVER, after we knew what was up, did we despair our path. We despaired the outcome of eventually losing her, but we never despaired the path. Lacey didn't even do the test to check for Downs Syndrome, because it just didn't matter to her. What ever God delivered to her was her walk. Period. And he delivered us the best, eye opening, heart stretching, trusting God, faith building tiny lil miracle he could. And it turned us into better people. Lacey will tell you she prayed for her. She prayed a bold, life changing prayer two days before we found out about Laynie, and I have asked her to share that on this site with you. I'm pretty sure she will. It was a bold prayer, made by a bold warrior, and God answered...just not the way we planned.

I don't know what's going on in your life. There are so many things happening this past week, friends getting bad diagnosis on health tests, friends kids being in car accidents and barely alive, friends having surgery, friends losing jobs. I mean it was just a rain shower of valleys for people. And I hope they all have the umbrella of God. Because without it, I'm not sure how they will get through some of it. It's an umbrella of safety, security, heart healing, abundant love and Grace. I never leave home without it.

A year ago, Lacey gave her speech at the Children's Miracle Network Dancing for a Miracle Gala. It was 4 months later Laynie got sick. Tonight, we've been asked back, and Lacey will speak again...talking about the end of her journey. Bittersweet, but all a miracle.

As we travel back to church tomorrow, other than not being able to find Brad and Lacey after I go to the bathroom...I could always find them by the huge crowd surrounding them.... it will be bittersweet. I love to go to church with my family. I've hoofed it alone for about a year now, and it will be wonderful worshipping as a "team" again. But, I'll miss that little loudmouth that would yell through church and sing with Trent and gaze around at the lights. I'll miss all that. But I know without a shadow of a doubt that she will be there with us in spirit...smiling down on the family that loves and misses her so much.

Children's Miracle Network Gala 2010
God is Good, all the time.

No comments: