Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'm Kind of A Big Deal ... July 22, 2010

My friend, Darlene, got me a gift today. It's a plaque that boldly exclaims "i'm kind of a big deal". She said, "Put it in your office and look at it all the time. When you start believing it, you will do some great things". Wow.


All of my friend's confidence in me is amazingly overwhelming. I'm just a grandma talking about her favorite subject. There are zillions of grandmas out there. WHY ME?

You are raised by your parents to be humble. And in being humble, you can border on losing self esteem. It's a fine tightrope walk of being truly humble, knowing you are a big deal, and on the flip side, spouting your attributes to the world far and wide. THose people get on my last nerve.

One thing I know. I'm kind of a big deal. But only to the ones that truly matter. My family, my friends, and most importantly, my God. Years ago, I remember my friend, Jana, saying to me after my divorce.."Just let God be your lover. Look to Him for everything you need, and He will be there when everything else is gone." Boy, if I had only had an understanding of what she meant. My lover?? God?? Uhm, yes. My Savior, my father, my king, my support, my best friend, my heart keeper.. just to name a few. I never got that. I never understood that I was a "BIG DEAL" to God. and boy did I make so many mistakes. SO MANY mistakes. Had I but only KNOWN then, what I KNOW now. Think about your very best relationship... be it with your spouse, your best friend, your sister, your pet (for those weirdies that I know are out there)... think about the VERY BEST DAY of your relationship. Really, think of the best memory you can think of....Are you thinking of it yet?? That is EVERYDAY with God. And all you have to do is Ask Him In. He won't say the wrong thing and embarrass you in public. He won't run off with your best friend. He'll never leave you and break your heart.  He won't leave the toilet lid up for the 1000th time. He won't ever leave or forsake you, and when big things happen to you (and they will) He will support you through it.

Because you are kind of a big deal to Him. a Very Very Big Deal. He gave His precious son for us... after losing Laynie, I know there is no greater pain to bear, than to lose your heart in a child, and He gave His only son, to save us crappy ole sinners.

We are kind of a big deal to Him. Let's start acting like it. Let's make better choices, love a lot harder, be a lot less critical, take time to really understand the people in your life. Because you take better care of yourself when someone cares about you, and He does. Unconditionally care.

Because we are kind of a big deal.  Now start believing it. 



God is Good, All the time.

No comments: