Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Bracelets July 22, 2010

My friends, Greg & Jessi Sutterfield, had orginally bought the first round of "HOPE FOR LAYNIE" bracelets as a fundraiser. We sold them at blood drives, and around, but I always felt more compelled to give them out, because I wanted her story to impact, and I felt weird, saying, "Ya wanna buy a bracelet??"


SO, we had a few left, and gave them at her service. SO MANY PEOPLE TOLD ME that I should sell them, because we want to build her trust fund up so Lacey can figure out something to do in her memory for Children's Hospital. For one thing, they have very stiff, uncomfortable straight back recliners in the infusion room (Where kids get transfusions). We would have given our right arm for comfortable rocker/recliners in the many hours we were there with Laynie. I don't know if that's even do-able or not, but we would like to do that.

So, I have bracelets. And we have a trust fund. What I found out is if you donate directly to the bank (and another friend said her son had the same problem), it only shows as a DEPOSIT. I am unable to see who donates, to send you a bracelet and a THANK YOU. So, if you would be so kind as to send your check MADE PAYABLE TO: 'Little Miss Special Needs Trust" (with Laynie Hope Payne) in the memo field (No checks made to me, please) and send me a message solaura@sbcglobal.net  I will make sure you get as many bracelets as you wish, and a thank you in return. This is awkward for me.... BUT I have too many people telling me to DO IT, because you guys want to help and be part of Laynie's story. And I believe that, because everywhere I go, I run into people that know her story, and that amazes me. And humbles me, because my words about her life impacted them. And that was her purpose for me and you. To make us look at ourselves and our lives, and slow down and love our kids, and love each other, live by faith, and not by sight, and quit taking life so for granted.

So now you have ALL THE INFORMATION. I appreciate you, and I will send you bracelets when I hear from you. So you can tell her story with us. Because she deserves to be shared.

God is Good, all the time.

No comments: