Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Reflections by Lolly- Apr 29, 2009

It was said to me over the last couple of weeks that "If God was SOOO good, why wouldn't he have healed Laynie?"


That saddens me. I feel sorrow for the person that said it, because that person doesn't know the God I know and follow. I'm doubtful that person knows God at all.

The blessings that we receive from Laynie are so wide and expansive that words cannot express. Laynie has healed any broken piece of our family, the gift of our tiny little miracle has made us understand and appreciate life more than we ever dreamed. I sit back and think about life before October 3, 2007 and though we were happy, we weren't free. We weren't surrendered. We loved God, we went to church, we tithed, we worshipped, we read our bibles....but we weren't wholly sold out surrendered children of God. And through the wonder and the magic of my precious grandbaby's life, I am surrendered. To the peace that passeth all understanding.... That used to be a fun line to sing in a song....now it has meaning and substance.

I find myself stumbling through a problem, all I have to do is go see my granddaughter, and watching her move toys from hand to hand, and talk (motor) loud and proud, and do things that the doctors said would never be possible from her, is all I need to bring life all back to the basics for me.

Someone will ask me "Is she disabled?" and I smile and think "I'm far more disabled than she will ever be".. she'll have perfect peace and joy, and love and bring nothing but sweetness to the people around her. God bless our disabilities. Only through those do we find our true Abilities.



God is Good, all the time.

No comments: