Thursday, August 19, 2010

Zumba...the Lolly way...

I took my first Zumba class last night. I was too tired, too sweaty and too overwhelmed to write about it last night. Now this morning, I'm ready.


First of all, my teacher was an exhuberant African American gal that has rhythm in her hair. just standing still she oozes rhythm. There are just some people that should dance. SHe is one of them. Now the funny part of it is, she thinks EVERYONE else should be able to dance, too. Most of the 20 people in that class kicked booty. I was just happy if I got either my arms going the right way, or forgo the arms, and get my feet going the right way, I think twice I actually suceeded in having both arms and legs moving at the same time. The good thing about Zumba, for most of the people in there, it's about SURVIVAL.


I told the couple behind me I didn't want to hear any snickering, and even that tall ole guy kicked my booty. I looked behind me as we were circling shaking our booties at one point and he was get GETTIN' it. Amazing. I was thankful for the 70 year old guy standing at the end of the row in front of me, because I think we could be the power couple of the class.


BUT, it's all about fun, right?? And it was fun. Until we started kind of bouncing in place, and sure enough, that bladder that used to be young and in charge, might have let me down. Why oh WHY if you do anything of a bouncing nature, nature calls??? I blame it on the watermelons I delivered in form of babies. I do believe they are the reason I can't really jump on a trampoline or bounce like a spring in zumba. Sheesh.


As Hallie and I crawled our sweaty mess selves to the car last night, I was encouraged from my skinny out of shape 11 year old "Are we ever coming back??", knowing full well at that current second the liklihood was slim,  and when I crawled in the house, I looked at the schedule, called Lacey and figured out we'll go on Mondays and Wednesdays every week. Surely I'll get the steps at some point, and who doesn't want to sweat and maybe pee on themselves on purpose?? What a BLAST. And no one CARES if you look like a swan. A big dorky swan, smiling and sweatin like a pig. And after sleeping with foot cramps every 10 minutes ALL NIGHT, (need potassium) I am STILL going back. That is the most fun, sweaty, exhilirating form of excercise I have ever experienced. I am hurting in all my flabby spots this morning (which pretty much means my whole body except my earlobes).


Zumba, slap on a diaper, and GO!

No comments: