Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Things I'm Learning... Fun and Serious.... July 17, 2010

1- Deaton girls don't cry Demi Moore tears. We cry snot. Massive rivers of snot that projectile at any given moment. Not pretty.


2- Friends are overwhelmingly awesome at times like this. They bring you bags of bananas when your feet are cramping (thank you Cathy) they send you flowers (Thank you Wilda), they send you zillions of messages on your phone, and take you shopping (thank you Janis) and they show up and just hang with you without saying a word (thank you Cyndi), they take care of cancelling all your travel arrangements without even blinking an eye (thank you Shanna),they bring massive amounts of food to the house for you to eat(thank you Amy, Megan, Amanda, Pam & Holly, SDA ladies at moms church), they sweat all their makeup off and stand with you at the graveside(thank you Shelley and Janis), they fix a lunch fit for a king for all your family at the service(thank you Shauna, Leah and Sandy, and all the other sweet faces that served my family) and most of all, they pray for you...(thank you all of you). Friends, I advise you to get some.

3- Retail therapy is really the way to go. I have brand new living room furniture on it's way this morning. No rhyme or reason why I waited until now to get it, but it seemed like the time to do it, so I did.

4- God listening to my grief and putting the right people in my path, to help me solve all the answers is a giant learning step. I sit back in amazement at myself and others, when I share Laynie's story. I can't get over the amount of people that share our journey. I was doing the #3 above, and the lady in the furniture store knew our story. Lacey & Brad ran into a Laynie follower at Mardel. It's just amazing to me her impact. I was getting Hallie's massive hair cut yesterday, and I hadn't seen Lyndsay, her stylist, in over a year, because she had a baby, but she was kept up with the story because we have a mutual friend, Becky. As I was telling her our end of the journey, something was revealed to me. I have unshakeable faith. I had said it a zillion times, but now I know it. I think that everything that happens it orchestrated by God. and You just have to have faith that He has the perfect plan and everything will be just as it should be. Cancer, job loss, relationship ending, that's God's plan and He knows what is up. You just have to be surrendered to follow His lead, and look how things work out! You be obediant and faithful to His walk for you, and you are blessed tenfold. Sometimes the outcome isn't what you want for you (we lost Laynie) but His Plan... look at what happened and all the people that were impacted because of that amazing journey. Just trust Him. He will bring you through it.

5- I am quite sick of chicken. I've always loved chicken, but now I am chickened out. Even typing this, I know if chicken were presented to me for lunch, I would eat it and be thankful, but lately I find myself longing for a hamburger.

6- I see colors more vividly. I see God's hand in every thing I do. Even getting a ticket. That officer needed a quota, and by dog, I was there to help him. I breathe slower, and steadier, I sometimes (sometimes) think before I speak. That would have never happened without Laynie.

7- I see the need for blood drives. I never understood the importance of giving blood. We would not have had the last 9 months without the help of people that had donated blood. I have been blind to sickness before. My kids were relatively healthy (except sick ears constantly) and was blissfully ignorant to the plight of families that have children that get cancer, and blood diseases. LOTS of families. Beautiful bald children. with tired, hopeful parents. or worse, tired, angry parents, that don't know or see God. (There's a new prayer request). DONATE BLOOD. You make a difference.

8- I always knew we had a weird, but convenient set up, the four generations living in a "Kennedy Compound"....3 houses in a row. Brad keeps a fake deer in the backyard, so if it gets too estrongen-y in the house, he can don camo in an instant and be outside shooting arrows into his deer. But knowing all my girls were within reach, within seconds, has been an incredible gift. Lacey had instant babysitters, I had instant food without cooking, Hallie has instant reinforcement for anything she needs, and grammie gets to oversee it all without having to drive from Shawnee. It is a miracle and a God thing. Don't ask my brother to move down there (calls it Estrogen Lane)..he thinks Edmond is close enough.

9- I cant remember what I was putting here, because I have massive short term memory loss. What?

10- God has been Faithful in our walk. God tied up every loose end, and orchestrated a miracle for everyone to witness. He WILL and CAN do this in your life, just open your eyes and your HEART and let Him do the same thing for you. You have to have the valleys to appreciate the beauty of the peaks. And He is there, right there with you, just give Him the praise and the glory and He will never let you Go.
Retail Therapy Crew- Lacey said "2 old bitties, 2 mid bitties, and 2 itty bitties, why did the lady in the shoe store freak out??



God is Good, All the time

No comments: