Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Friends and Mailboxes

My friend Fonda is the best hostess on the planet.  Bar None.  And I don't just say that lightly.  Everything is perfect.  The food, the way the food looks, the way the food tastes, the way it is presented... she has the pool perfect, the yard perfect, the perfect music, everyone has sunscreen, mats, shade or sun, both are available, drink, cups, even visors, for the ones that forgot hats.  I mean this girl can do it all. 

So, it only stands to reason that I should repay her incredible hospitality, by blindly driving out of her driveway, onto her sidewalk and backing smack dab INTO HER MAILBOX.  and I didn't just tap that sucker, I took it down.  A 4 foot tall, brick encased mailbox.   Yep, I did it.

Well, have you heard the saying it ain't a party til something get's broke?? Well, it was a PARTY. 
And I was 100% stone cold sober.  Not one ounce of alcohol in my body.  Just a pathetic excuse for a night driver, for sure. 
Sorry, Fonda.  Checks in the mail.  And it really is.  Oh boy.  Please invite me to your party's, just have someone else drive me.  I am really alot of fun. 



No comments: