Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I Dare You to Move

When I was in college, I was a trainer at Magic Mirror. I worked those old gals within an inch of their lives and they loved it and so did I. Now, I'm the "old gal" and have completely gotten out of the flow of exercise, with life taking front seat.


I strapped on my iphone, which to my delight holds an Ipod. Imagine that. But it's not an Ipod I seek, it's Pandora Radio with my favorite "David Crowder Band" plugged into Search, and away we go to the best music on the planet. All the worship music I adore. It searches by genre and sounds like and plays unlimited music that sounds like David Crowder and I am in love with an Iphone app. Many of my friends have love affairs with their apps, but not me, I'm not an "app" kind of girl. Til now.

Today when I was walking/skipping/running , "I Dare you to Move" by Switchfoot came on and as I listened to the words, I felt incredible. "Welcome to the Planet, Welcome to Existence". I miss Laynie with an intensity that sometimes overwhelms me, but I am at a New Season, and God is Daring me to Move. And there is nothing I want more than to move God into people's lives. Because everyone needs to feel this loved, this cherished, this renewed. (My endorphins are JUMPING up and down with glee).

I have a story...This has been a bit back, Kip was still at home, but music plays all the time in my house and Switchfoot's "This is Your Life...Are you Who you Wanna be" was playing and Kip and Hallie were getting ready for school and I heard Hallie just singing in her room, and our dog walked by her door and she asked her "Arlie, are you who you wanna be?" Dear God, help me raise this little girl into a warrior for you. Make her bold enough to ask more than her dog about her salvation." That is my prayer for my children. That is my prayer for me. Laynie made me a Lollyzilla. I want us to be a nation of Layniezilla's....believer of the miracles, believer of the incredible.. cause that's what God's love will do, make it incredible.

I should know, because I'm out sweating in the mornings, because it's time to live and do it well. I dare You to Move.

God is Good, all the time.

No comments: