Thursday, April 3, 2008

1/10/08 6 more days!

Well, I thought that Lacey and I had experienced the LONGEST waiting time in the history of the planet a few weeks ago, but it seems now, I was wrong. SO wrong. We saw her "regular" OB/Gyn doctor first, and after a "Check", she was declared, well, how can I put this?.... uhm, no where near ready to attempt to deliver the "old fashioned way". Dr. G suggested she come in on Tuesday night and they could do all the tricks to try to get her started, but she would be in for a LONG haul, and after about a 2 second deliberation, Lacey declared "nope, c-section, let's get her here, with little or no stress". That's my super mommy, always thinking of that baby doll. So, 7:30 am on Wednesday the 16th, we are in for the c-section. And guess what? Ole Lolly gets to be in there with them. Of course, NO WHERE near the incision sight or I'll be a puddle in the middle of the floor everyone will have to walk around, but I'll be there for her entrance. I am OVERJOYED, and a little nauseous, all at the same time. hee hee. But I'm up for it. Oh Yeah. Ok, that was the easy part of the day. The not so easy part was the wait for the somethin' somethin' profile that we do at her ultrasound. There were people (PREGNANT people) and not to mention UNHAPPY pregnant people EVERYWHERE. We waited and waited and waited, read the same magazine 3 or 4 times, a lot slower each time....and contemplated, seriously laying in the tent we had eyed a few times before and just chilling. There was this couple that was soooo gross to me, looked to me like they were trying to get pregnant again, right there in front of ALL OF US, and that made me like want to yell things like "ARE YOU KIDDING?" and "GET A ROOM", or at least "GET IN THE TENT". holy smokes. There was no doubt WHY she was pregnant, because wow. Lacey will tell you. SO, first off we sit down kinda by them, I think I was staring with my mouth hanging open, because Lacey made me move, because she KNEW I wouldn't be able to not say anything. Eeewwwhhhh. Blek. OK....I'm getting off track, but WOW, the things people do.... So at 5:30, we finally GO back to the room. (her appt was 3:15), the girl that hasn't ever seen us before starts the ultrasound, with the usual gasps and WHAT? things that happen with the people that don't know Laynie and her journey. Lacey calmly tells her that her fluid level is and always has been very non-existant (have to tell you, she was up to 5 today, woohoo) and that she is a smidgin. Dr. Richardson (our high risk OB) whistles in and sees us and says "Wait, I want to spend time with you guys, so let me do this" and walks out and waits on ANOTHER patient, as we wait and wait... you know the drill. He walks in at 6:00, or so, and says "SO can you believe she'll be here Wed?" big ole smile. I like that guy. He said she was doing fantastic. Her lungs, her heart, everything just terrific. He even guestimated her weight to be around 6 pounds (which is right where Lolly said she'd be). He tried to talk Lacey into a vaginal birth (for later children) and she solidly cut him off and said "Uhm, no." Alot of this courage came from a great email from my cousin Brenda, who has had 3 c-sections and done pretty terrific. That email sure was a wonder, as alot of our blessings from this journey have been. You have to understand that this cousin IS NOT an email type of girl, and that was a LOVE note from her, cause she doesn't spend alot of time at this ole computer, like some of us folk (me especially) .......... Anyway, as you can tell by my rambling, I am TIRED and toast. BUT ELATED at the prospect of getting to be there and 6 days away! Everyone keep praying for a wonderful outcome, and pray especially for Brad, who has a bulging disc in his lower back and a torn disc that is pushing on a nerve (he got his MRI back), and they go to see a Neurosurgeon tomorrow morning to see if they can get him some relief from the pain that never stops for him. WHAT A PAIR! 8 1/2 months pg and Grandpa back. Wow. Pray for them, they are going through some stuff right now!
Thank you friends, thank you family, thank you loved ones... what a journey we have been through. Your prayers have saved us, and made such a difference for our girl. On our myspace today, Our daily bible verse was Psalms 139, which I thought was the most perfect thing "She is fearfully and wonderfully made" ... which has been Lacey & my mantra for many many months. She is God's miracle and we are all so blessed by His grace and mercy. God is Good, all the time.

No comments: