Thursday, April 3, 2008

Laynie's Opthamology Visit - Mar 27, 2008

Well, there’s two hours we’ll never get back. After sitting in the dirtiest waiting room in the WORLD (I’m prone to exaggeration, for you all that know me), but seriously, ooh. We actually watched the doctor go room to room, talk on the phone, and do stuff, and NEVER wash his hands. We are sooooo hyper sensitive to this, it was incredibly stupid !
But what we garnered from Dr. Dirty, was that our girl has sight in both eyes. Her parts are get this.... "Small".... REALLY? (Said in my MOST sarcastic tone) and the cloudiness we see on her left eye is a "Corneal Scar". Apparently, right now is a critical time for her brain and her eyes to be working together to develop her sight. So Dr. Dirty said we could do a "Corneal Transplant" with a 60% failure rate. ISn’t he a veritable ray of sunshine? or........ we could dilate her eyes daily, hoping that will help whatever is wrong with them. I looked at him, trying to remain as calm as I could, and told him that he was witnessing a miracle... That the baby that was laying in her mother’s arms was 10 weeks old, a precious gift from God, and that so far.... God’s had her plan. I told him we were doing everything to make her life optimum, but we were NOT going to put her in any distress or pain, any more than necessary for now. Yeah, she’s in casts.... they don’t bother her one bit, and I betcha that she LOVES it when she is bigger to have her feet turned the right way. For now, we will probably go with a second opinion on Laynie’s eyes. We are thrilled to know she has sight, even limited is a gift! So guess what I’m asking for...... time for more prayer.... time for praying for her eyes. Praying for the miraculous healing that we have witnessed over and over with our little girl. She cracked me up.... she can just really tune her pipes when she gets good and ticked. Now that we don’t worry over every little thing she does.... we just really get a kick out of her "mad cry". She can wrinkle up that face, and let out a howl as if to say "WHAT EVER!! Get me my .... milk, lovee, dry diaper, daddy, etc..." Oh my goodness, she is just precious.
Anyway, just a quick update to let you know all is well.....and by the way, Lacey turned in her stuff at work today... she is officially a stay at home Mommy. I know it will be hard for them for awhile, but this time with her baby is sooo precious and it’s time she’ll never get back. So, 10 weeks old, guys, God is Good.

No comments: