Thursday, April 3, 2008

March 12, 2008 2 months old!

We have had our special sweetheart for 2 months now. 2 wonderful incredible lifechanging months. The doctors are still shaking their heads. Lacey said to her today "Laynie bug, look at you, sweet peaches!" and little miss just threw back her head and smiled and coo’d. SMILED full out at her mama. That baby can hear and can see, and can respond correctly. She is AMAZING. We’ve heard NOTHING, I repeat, NOTHING from the genetic doctors. I guess they are all just scratching their butts (sorry) saying, "Hmm, guess we shouldn’t have been so QUICK"..... God is good, people. God’s plan for Laynie is happening, and alive in us every day. My brother summed it up in a nutshell.... "I think Laynie’s plan is perfect and love is changing US." Hello. I’ve always seen those "Faith, Hope and Love" things everywhere, and I never got it. Faith is a belief that surpasses understanding, faith is a promise to yourself to believe without question, Hope is giving yourself permission to have the impossible, the serenity of putting yourself out there and just believing in the unbelievable... and Love, well Love is the best.. In Holland, love surrounds you every second. Love comes in quick hugs from people that don’t even know why they are hugging you, love comes in sweet emails from friends you haven’t seen in years that say things like "We are praying for you everyday" and "I shared your story with my church group and we are praying for you without ceasing". ... That my friends is Love. Love is a sweet smile or the funniest little sneeze, followed by the BIGGEST sigh in the world. That’s from our Laynie.
We took Laynie out to Target for her first outing. (Of course it would HAVE to be Target, with me for her Lolly)... She wasn’t having ANY of her carseat nonsense, so of course, out she comes, and there go the jaws dropping. Lacey said "Oh, if ONE more person says, ’she is sooo tiny’, I might lose it"... then immediately said, "Mom, every time you take her from me at the apartment and I look at her with you holding her, I say "She’s sooo tiny"... so what should I expect"??? Hello. SHE IS TINY. :) I was holding her in her blanket, keeping her pretty covered up for germs and such, and she was just talking and squeaking her little pipes, telling me ALL about it, and the lady in the dressing room said "Is there a baby in there? I thought you had a doll". Well, yeah, because I’m a 46 year old that carries my dolls into Target. Wow. People will ALWAYS be fascinated with her because of her mighty size. She weighed in at 4 lbs 4 oz at the orthopedic the other day (we left her onesie on and a dry diaper , so take off 2 oz for that) but guess what?? At 8 weeks old, she is back to birth weight. WHAT A VICTORY~! After our orthopedic visit, we know that our little miss is going to be in casts for a very long time. Her normal reflex and muscle tone take her feet back in the backward position. But I’m not discouraged because after all she’s only been in them 2 weeks. And they don’t bother her one bit, so on we go. She is much easier to grip with her "Paraphenalia" on. The little harness that holds her hips in place really does make her look like a goalie. Be sure and look at my profile, the picture of her and Brad is just precious. You can really see how itty bitty she is. Lacey cracked up because he was sitting her on the back of the chair and they were just talking to each other. I have another pic of them both just smiling at their mom, but I haven’t put it on yet. We have a DANDY pic to share in a week or so, Lacey has first right to put it on her myspace...so we’ll be sharing shortly. Oh, it is beyond precious.
Well, it had been awhile and I wanted to let you all know all is well on the home front and Miss Laynie continues to thrive under her sweet mommy’s watchful and caring eye. Looking forward to sharing her first easter egg hunt with her next week. Isn’t God so good?

No comments: