Thursday, April 3, 2008

Just when you thought you could catch a breath..1-14-08

Well sports fans, here's what's up. As everyone knows, Brad has a ruptured disc in his lower back. It has been just about to kill him. On Friday he got an injection that seemed for a few days, to help. Well, it's Monday night, and he worked today, and we are back worse off than when we started. Sooooo...here's the game plan, for those of you on Lacey/Laynie watch.... Tomorrow.. which is Tuesday, Lacey is going to tote Brad to his surgeon and insist on the surgery...for Thursday morning. We'll wheelchair him in to watch Laynie come into the world on Wed morning, then after we get her solid clean bill of health, he'll go home to their apartment with his mom and dad ... I'll be staying with Lacey at the hospital on Wed, Wed evening, Thurs, Thurs eve, you get the drift. I know I'll have big help during the day (Lacy is coming from California, and between Jimmie & Jessi & grammie there will be peeps around) so I can work some on Thurs and Friday day. I imagine we'll go home on Saturday, depending on Laynie's health. I'm hoping to have Brad 2 days post-op, by that time. His surgery is an out-patient deal, and from what I understand, he should have immediate relief from the nerve pain. Incisional pain should be far more tolerable than Nerve pain. Wow, pray for these kids. One thing I know for certain, Lacey isn't too worried about her deal right now, her concern is paramount for Brad. So I'm going to be on super hyper nurse alert. I'm such a great nurse. As long as there is no vomiting involved, I'm in. I'm a sympathy hurler and ooh, can't do dat.
One more day, and we'll know. I have a peace that passeth understanding, and that is a wonderful thing. Keep praying friends.. pray for healing on my precious little family. Thanks for your encouragement and prayers.... God is Good, all the time.........

No comments: