Thursday, April 3, 2008

Laynie's 1st pediatrician visit- Jan 31, 2008

Our girl is doing great. She had a wonderful visit with her new pediatrician, Dr. Kelly Stephens. He was, I think, taken aback by her small size, as everyone who sees her first time, is. I have a theory on this, but I will wait to share it until things are confirmed. She is doing FABULOUS. She is eating like clockwork, up to over 1 oz per feeding, peeing, pooing, everything a newborn is supposed to be doing.
Our next visit will be to the pediatric orthopedic (who ironically enough, treated Lacey for her scoliosis!!!) because Dr. Stephens, though her backward feet are pretty nifty, thinks we should probably get them turned around.
Her weight is still an issue, but people, she is a smidge. Soooo, lolly says that all is well, life is good, mommy is doing better, every day she gets stronger, and now we are just protecting little stinker from any RSV, flu things.
You should have seen Lacey at the doctors office! It was classic. Most of you know she is a germa-phobe, first class and today was NO EXCEPTION. It is an ORDEAL to get that itty bitty baby into her big ole car seat, then wrap her up in 27 blankets to keep her warm (the only time we transport her outside it is always snowy & cold, go figure) then we have one of those big carseat condoms (that's what her daddy calls it) that fits over and keeps the baby snug inside, with the little peak hole in the middle, I had carried her in the doctors office and was sitting waiting for Lacey to check her in and this little girl came by and coughed and I just shut the peep hole. !!! Lacey weaved a protective bubble around her! It was great.
I have great hope for her future. I'm on to something right now, and it's too early to talk about it, but I will in the near future, when I make sure I'm not just barking up an oak tree. Gotta talk to a few more people and get some answers, but I know this. God has her plan, has had her plan from day 1, and she is doing FANTASTIC!
Keep praying, friends and family, keep praying for our precious angel and her mommy and daddy.
I've said it once, I'll say it 2 million times.....God is Good, All the time.

No comments: