Thursday, April 3, 2008

My amazing daughter- Oct 23, 2007

My amazing daughter
I just have to share alittle about my lunch with Lacey today. She is so calm in the presence of this storm. She wonders why she tears up when she is talking about the matters of her heart with other people. "I'm not sad mom, I'm so overwhelmed by God's presence in my life. Everything I do, He's there. Without this experience it would have never pushed me to be who I am now." The calm maturity that encircles her constantly is God's healing grace. She told me today that she wished she didn't have to go back to the doctor until it was time to deliver, because she believes in her deepest soul, that Laynie's life is already planned. We marveled over the fact that in the very beginning of her pregnancy I called her one night after reading my passages and read Psalms 139 to her. Now it is always on our hearts and in our minds. She is fearfully and wonderfully made. Even before we knew she was here, God had ordained a plan for her. And we trust that plan, and as I watch my daughter dealing with life, I know that every day that passes, she trusts Him more and more. I found the video that I posted on my space today and I just cried as I watched it. Disability is a state of mind. We feel sorry for people that have "different children", when indeed that family is far more blessed than the family with 3 teenagers, not "disabled", but maybe doing drugs, skipping school, drinking alcohol "Normal, kid things"... things we'll never ever have to face with a "Disabled" child. Who's disabled in that picture? I trust His understanding, and will wait with calm assurance that whatever will be, will be. And I know I can speak for Lacey, so will she. God is Good, All the Time.

No comments: