Thursday, April 3, 2008

Shopping with the girls- 12-15-07

Well, my 3 girls and I took on shopping today. Yes, it's 10 days before Christmas. Yes, it was snowing. Yes, it was packed. Yes, we are crazy. But it was fun....until Kip got hungry......and tired......and cranky......and a little sick. :) Lacey was a trooper. She got her second wind when we made our way into Babies R Us. I have to resist the urge to buy EVERYTHING on her registry. What is wrong with me? I have granny-itis. (the urge to buy everything on registry lists) I just pushed the buggy and moved on. It was fun. It was so special. I wish Lacey had been able to have a pregnancy without constant worry and pressure. We have only breathed easier the last few weeks. And that's because the entire outcome of this deal is in our precious Lord's hands. This whole week has been one crisis in my life after another. IRS stuff, work stuff, ice stuff, no electricity stuff....stuff. And what is different? It's all small stuff. The big stuff is Laynie's health, and loved ones health, and continued life happiness. That's the big stuff. All the rest of it, is just small details. It took me such a long long long long time to get that. Now I do, and what a wonderful relief to hand over that responsibility of worrying about everything on the planet to someone who is capable of doing it.....ole God. He was happy to relieve my burden of worry and take it on His very capable shoulders. I have always been the keeper of the worry key, the holder of the misery bank, the shopper in the crisis store.... no more man. No more. God has it, and I'm His. Praise God for whom all blessings flow. Used to be just a song to me, now it's my constant prayer.

No comments: