Thursday, April 3, 2008

Laynie Hope Payne 1-16-08


Good evening from the Children's hospital room 5148. Well, I'm here to tell you C-sections aren't the fun neat easy things people think. HELLO. Lots of blood and pushing and pulling.. eeeuuuhhhh. But you know what the best part of it is? At the end of that tugging and pulling comes out a sweet little baby. Our angel arrived at 8:11 am this morning with an outraged mewing (best way I can describe it) and weighing in at a 4 lb 2 oz, 18 inches long. I would love to say she is perfect, and in God's sight , she is, but our sweet trooper Smidge is going to face some challenges. We don't know any true readings yet, so I'm not going to elaborate, but here's what we do know... Her head is a little small (not new news) she is as bald as a cue ball, looks like she has survived chemo and her feet are backward. We have heard murmurings of "club feet" but have not yet had a diagnosis of such. They are truly backward, her daddy told her we'd have to buy her some "backward" hunting shoes :), but other people (her nurses) have told us due to the low fluid that she didn't have the movement to teach those muscles, so for now, I'm going with that.

She started out with an equivalent of a C-Pap (sleep apnea machine) , but she was only on it til early afternoon and has been on her own breathing since then. She is such a good trooper, she is Lolly's angel. They have done an EKG, an ultrasound of her brain and kidneys, and another ultrasound of her feeding tube they inserted into her umbilical cord. She sucks her fingers, has great reflex to my touch and moves her head to my voice. I love this little lady, she is my angel.

Keep praying my friends, "She is wonderfully and fearfully made". Thanks for your continued prayers.. Lolly


No comments: