Thursday, April 3, 2008

Laynie Payne - 1 week old Jan 24, 2008

What I meant in my last blog that "I am OLD", was those all-nighters just aren't near as fun now. You find yourself falling asleep at odd times, like sitting at the toilet, or fixing yourself something to drink at the fridge. But I rallied after I took a nap, and we discovered today that Smidge has her days and nights mixed up. Fun stuff.Well, we think we have it ALL figured out and what to expect, and then you know what? Don't think it for a minute. The genetic counselor called us today with the final results from the cord blood, placenta check and cheek swab, and guess what they found? Well, no trisomy 17 cells, that's for sure. ??!!???!!!!??? They did find extra X, 7 and 13 chromosomes in a mosaic frame, and guess what that means? We know less now, than we did with the 17 mosaic. !! She's totally unaware of the drama. She's doing everything a "normal" baby would be doing. We find victories in those "normal" things. She is even starting to suck vigorously for a smidge and keep after it for about 5 minutes. God is good.So what does this mean? Do we get to keep her? All the things that were issues, are still there. When she is still here in 2 weeks, we'll take her to her regular pediatrician and see what he says. One thing I do know for certain, is we ARE NOT in control. The doctors are NOT in control. (Though Lacey and Grammie think they for sure are, don't tell them they aren't) God knows this baby's plan. He has from the beginning. We have rest assured in that certainty, that whatever is in store for this precious gift, God has the plan. So on we go with the roller coaster, and Laynie blissfully unaware of anything awry. I like that. God is in control and God is good.
5:50 PM - 1 Comments - 0 Kudos - Add Comment - Edit - Remove
Laynie Paynie- 1 week old
Well, I am OLD. Laynie has decided the best way to sleep is as close as possible to someone, so with her mom and dad pooped out last night, she bundled in her "baby burrito" blanket, and I tucked her in my robe, tied the sash up, lay down in the recliner and proceeded to have my "Grandma/baby honeymoon". It was fabulous. She worms around until she gets comfortable, she loves her hands where she can get to them, and she likes to feel you (your face, your hand, skin) on her. She slept amazing. She couldn't get comfortable after her 1:30 am feeding, and she grunted and mewed, so I just scooped her up out of her bed beside mom and had my honeymoon. Wow. Never EVER knew you could love so big.

I found her clothes yesterday at this sweet store in Northpark Mall. 2-3 lbs. XS. That's our girl. Little pants and top. We decided she looked like a ninja. It is soo great to have something that actually fits her. (even though the pants are alittle too long, it's "cool" to roll them up.) Got her a little gown too. We'll try that today. SHE LOVED HER BATH. She was all "It's about time people, I've been wanting one of these". And she smelled heavenly. All of us crammed in Lacey's bathroom with the radiant heater that Uncle Brian found us to warm that room up. Lacey with a camera, Brad watching, Hallie on the toilet filming and me trying to keep that eensy beensy baby warm and get her clean all at the same time. Fun stuff. All we needed was a smaller bathroom. :)

I am so amazed how well she is doing. She is thriving at home. I don't think any of the doctors thought she would make it this long, and she is showing them. Just like she did the whole time she was in mommy. She is a trooper and I have such wonderful pictures I took last night after her bath. She was WIDE AWAKE and we got some great shots. Of course, my camera is in Edmond and I am in Norman, so later on this afternoon I'll try to sneak down and load some so you guys can see them. The ones I attached, Jessi took last night. I love her baby burrito picture. And you can see her little outfit in the other one. Teensy teensy. Precious.

Well, if you can't tell, I'm in love. In total love with a 4 pound girl that grunts and mews. :) Keep praying people. I'm so torn in two over the fact that the longer we get to keep her, we grow more and more attached, yet, at the same time, so amazingly blessed to get her for this wonderful journey. She is an extraordinary little gal. She will have my heart for my whole life. God is Good, All the time.

No comments: