Thursday, April 3, 2008

Update- October 18, 2007

You know we had a hard week this week so far. After the discouraging news from the doctors, it's just really hard to stay focused and move on. You hear all the time that you can live without food and water, but without hope you have nothing. I believe that. Unbeknownst to Lacey I had put a call in to Dr. G, her OB/Gyn that started us out on this deal and has jumped in, after being gone to jury dury during that crucial week period while we were in just a crisis mode. She phoned me back today, with not much hope, and I have to tell you, I just started to pray right there. "God, just put peace in our hearts and let your love shine through us to others, Let us be a ministry to those that hurt and are suffering, and please just give us that perfect peace that only you can give." I even managed to make a sale today. God is Good. :) But here's where God's love and mercy shows up.... Lacey is sitting at work, and a co-worker asks her to lunch, that one of their volunteers at church is having a hard time and would Lacey just go with her? Lacey had already eaten lunch, but she said "Ok, I'll go." At the lunch, the 23 year old mother of 2, (with her 16 month old daughter present with her during lunch, doing normal 16 month old things) shared with Lacey and her co-worker that her husband just up and left, needing the pull of alcohol far more than the pull of family. Lacey laid her soul bare with this girl, and shared with her the grief our family has experienced with alcohol in the past, and how it all turned out ok. "Just put your faith in God, and don't try to fix or understand it, just let it go".. After Lacey finished sharing, the girl asked her how far along she was and did she know if it were a girl or a boy? and her name? Lacey tearing up, because this is such a hard subject for us shared with the girl, "Well the doctors have not given us much hope, my baby has Trisomy 17"... the girl gasped and said "REALLY? My baby (the one there) has Trisomy 18 and she had a cyst on her brain and massive fluid, and they tried to get me to terminate at 20 weeks, and I wouldn't do it!" Lacey just sat there flabbergasted without even able to say a word, looked at this absolutely precious baby that had been having a wonderful time eating her mom's food, drinking her drink, blabbering with a mouthful of teeth!
Lacey comments to me "She had a big head, but big DEAL (Grandma will buy her hats, lots of cute hats :) ) she was absolutely an angel.
Isn't God amazing. We all had been praying for relief from the pain, for hope for our souls to get us through these next 3 months with some sort of knowledge that sometimes God says "Yes". I watch our family, and I see how much we have grown closer to each other, and how we have matured in our walk with Him, and our faith and belief that God will make the perfect choice, whether he calls her home (isn't that ALL OUR hopes for ourselves?) or we get the joy of having her here with us on this earth, perfect peace reigns in our home.
I praise God with everything I have. I see miracles in darkness. I feel hope when you think there is no hope to find. God is so good, all the time.

No comments: